Wednesday, April 28, 2010

" Peripheral Neuropathy "...


... I have been suffering with Neuropathy of the feet & legs for about 3 years now. Most of the pain is in my "FEET". My Doctors believe that all the Chemo I had probably caused the nerve damage. Peripheral Neuropathy is the term for damage to the nerves of the Peripheral Nervous System. This may be caused either by diseases of the nerve or from the side-effects of systemic illness. The most common form is (symmetrical) peripheral polyneuropathy, which mainly affects the feet and legs.

... Neuropathy may be associated with varying combinations of weakness, autonomic changes and sensory changes. Loss of muscle bulk and a particular fine twitching of muscle may be seen. Sensory symptoms causes loss of sensation and "positive" phenomena including pain. Symptoms depend on the type of nerves affected; motor, sensory, autonomic, and where the nerves are located in the body. One or more types of nerves may be affected.

... A Loss of balance and coordination may also occur. Damage to the sensory nerve can produce tingling, numbness, muscle cramps, spasms, weakness, and severe pain. Pain associated with this nerve is described in various ways. The autonomic nerve damage also causes problems with involuntary functions leading to symptoms such as abnormal blood pressure and heart rate.

... The Doctors have told me that there's a chance that this may go away... however... they said its most likely I may suffer with Neuropathy for many years if not for life. I have been walking around with numbness & pain in my feet & legs for years.

... However... As I have said before: I am so thankful and blessed to be alive. My type of Leukemia kills about 75-80% of the people within 5 years. The Leukemia Society has not been able to find me one person who has survived 10 years with my rare & dangerous type of Leukemia. I hope & pray that I can be one of the chosen ones by God to live a long life.

... I'll say it again: All of you out there who have your health & are alive are truly blessed beyond measure. Enjoy your life, your family and friends and try not to complain about non-sense. You can deal with any issues you may have as long as you have your health. May God bless us all and may we be full of love & kindness...
... How u doin !!!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment