Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Always Loved This Time of Year...

... Since I was a little boy, I always loved this time of year. Christmas time is a wonderful time of year, however, it can also be a sad time for many people. If life is going well and we have our health and family in order, its great. If we had a death in the family, or our family is going through hard times, it can be a tough time of the year.

... As a child, my favorite part was the snow to go sleigh riding and all the Christmas gifts. My friends and I had so much fun with our snowball fights. I also remember going to Rockefeller Center and ice skating as a child.

...My family (about 20 of us) would open up the Christmas gifts at midnight every year on Christmas Eve. I used to love ripping that wrapping paper apart and seeing my gifts. My family and I would then play cards until the wee hours of the morning.

...As a teenager, (around the year 1976-1978), I remember hanging on to the back of cars in Canarsie (Brooklyn) when it snowed and getting pulled around town. We called that snow skitching. It was lots of fun and a little dangerous. The cars today do not have those big bumpers anymore. That sport died out. :-)

... As an adult, I love going into Manhattan and seeing all the holiday decorations. My favorite part is Rockefeller Center. I still love seeing that Christmas tree and all the ice skaters. It puts me in a great Christmas spirit.
If I was Jewish, it would put me in a great Chanukah Spirit. :-) .... how u doin !!!!

... I was diagnosed with Leukemia at Christmas time in 2006. I spent most of that Christmas season in the hospital. It was a very sad and scary time for me & my family. I tried to make believe I was happy for my children's sake. I was really a mess.

... The good news is this.... Its 3 years later and I'm still here. I am truly thankful and appreciate life so, so much. I love Christmas time and the rest of the year as well. Every day is a gift. ( that's why its called the present... :-) how u doin !!!!! ).

... I wish everyone a very Blessed & Merry Christmas. I also wish my Jewish friends a very Blessed Chanukah. As a Christian, I am thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ. That is the true celebration of "Christ" mas.
John 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son.....

... Enjoy the holidays everyone. I wish you all health and happiness. God Bless you all.
I love you all... "Merry Christmas" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment