Thursday, July 23, 2009

I was admitted to the hospital...


... I was admitted to the Hospital on Friday, Nov. 24, 2006. It was the morning after Thanksgiving. They told me they had to do a Bone Marrow Biopsy. I had no idea was that was...however...it turned out to be a very painful experience for me. They go into your lower back and cut out a piece of the hip bone. I never had a good tolerance for pain and i let the doctor know by screaming a few times. By them cutting out a piece of my bone, the doctors knew exactly what type of Leukemia I had and what my Chemo treatments would be.
...At this point i was in shock and could not believe this was happening to me. It really felt like a bad dream. I was so scared and kept thinking about my 3 kids. I said God... please keep me alive for my childrens sake.
I was so close to the kids and i know how much they needed me.
...I'm feeling kind of sad and will continue on my next post....
...Note : The picture above is of Lorenzo & his 2 sons. Joseph is 18 & Lorenzo Jr. is 16...

No comments:

Post a Comment