Thursday, July 30, 2009

" The Proposal " .. (also known as the Engagement)


...While i was in the hospital during the month of December 2006, I asked my brother-in law, Damon, (my sister Nellie's husband) to please go to the jeweler for me and pick the engagement ring I had ordered while I was at the hospital. I had called the Jeweler a few days earlier and told him the size, shape & clarity I wanted. My brother-in-law picked up the ring for me and I had it in the hospital with me. (I love my brother-in-law Damon by the way).

...I originally was going to propose to Isabel while I was in the hospital, however, after some thought, I decided to propose when I went home to rest and wait for the Bone Marrow Transplant.

...It was December 23rd 2006, I was temporarily discharged from the hospital and was home alone with Isabel. Isabel had the house nice and decorated for the holidays and the Christmas tree was up and lit. At about 9pm, I closed all the lights in the house except the Christmas tree lights and asked Isabel to come by the tree with me.

...I told Isabel I would like to say a prayer with her. I began praying to God and asking God to help me survive this Leukemia. I also was thanking God for my life up to that point and thanked God for all my blessings. I then thanked God for putting Isabel in my life and told God how much I loved Isabel.....

..I then dropped to one knee (I'm old fashioned like that) and said :

..Isabel, I Love You & want to spend whatever days I have left with you, will you Marry me ? Isabel began crying tears of joy for about 10 minutes and then said "YES". We then hugged, kissed and etc, etc.... (how u doin !!! )

...I will end this blog on a happy note. The next blog will talk about what I did for the next 4 weeks & what was going on in my mind before the readmission to the hospital for my Bone Marrow Transplant.

...Note: The picture above is a bunch of flowers i bought for Isabel...

No comments:

Post a Comment