Tuesday, October 6, 2009

" Our Wedding Day "



... Our Wedding Day has arrived. We were married on September 23rd, 2007. We woke up and went out for breakfast that morning. After breakfast, I use to take about 15 pills a day to help me battle Leukemia. I would feel so nauseous and vomit at times after taking all those pills. I decided that the day of my Wedding, I would not take any pills. I didn't want to take a chance on getting nauseous or sick that day.

...It was a beautiful sunny day. I remember it well. It was about 70 degrees that day. We had our ceremony at Living Christ Church in Nyack, NY. We were married by Pastor Tim Petit. The ceremony was very nice.

... Isabel's mom was her maid of honor. My two sons were my best men. It was so special for me to see my boys at my wedding after almost dying in the hospital that same year. I always prayed in the hospital that God would let me live for my kids sake. I know my kids needed me so much. I love them so much.

...The reception was at Romolo's Italian Restaurant in Congers, NY. We had a piano player at our reception and Flamenco dancers.
( I had to get Flamenco dancers for my Spaniard wife :-). They were great. My closest friend Ralph and my brother in law Damon made beautiful speeches. I love those guys (in a straight way :-)...

... My wife and I made our own Disco CD and played that music for much of the evening. I was weak that day, however, I danced a lot. At one point, my heart was racing so fast, I thought I was going to pass out or have a heart attack. I had to take a valium and relax for a while.

...It was a beautiful Wedding. I cried at times because i wasn't sure if I would ever marry again after laying in the hospital on my death bed for about 5 months. I was very thankful and blessed.

... I wasn't allowed to travel more than an about an hour away from our house for our honeymoon. The doctors wanted me close to the hospital in case I got sick. My immune system was very, very poor and it was very easy for me to get sick. Many cancer patients get sick and die from pneumonia.

... I want to thank everyone who came to my Wedding and shared that special day with us. I believe everyone had a great time. Since we were not allowed to go far for our honeymoon, we decided to go to NYC for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square for three days.

... I'm not going to say much about our honeymoon. That's kind of private. ;-) I'll just say our honeymoon was a lot of fun. (How u doin !!!) We always love going into NYC. There'so much to see and do...

... See you at my next Blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment