Friday, January 15, 2010

Kirsten's letter. Kirsten died from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia...

... Hi there, I'm Kirsten, I'm twenty-two, and I'm a girl who just loves life. I love skittles, Maddie, Darrick, Elijah, Burger King's chicken fries. I love Big Lots and Steak N Shake milkshakes. I love fishing, but hate worms. I love my parents and respect them for who they are and how they've been there for me through everything.

... I love skittles and saying French Fry instead of bye. I love the news of a new baby. I love my friends and all my 15 nieces and nephews. I love going to the zoo and camping out in my backyard with a tent. I love gummie bears and hate bugs. I love being outside and I'm not afraid of some dirt, but you better believe your ass - I'll scream if there's even a lady bug on me. :)

... I'm always laughing and being retarded. This is my story. This is what makes me - me. I'm not just a girl with cancer nor am I just another statistic. I use to say, I believe for a cure... that was my saying. But I've changed my mind... I don't have to believe for a cure anymore because I've found it. The cure is just living your damn hardest and never letting ANYTHING get in your way.

... If I could say anything to any of you who read this - Just remember... To smile. You will never regret it. Smile because of who you are. Smile because of the life you have and can live! Smile because of a child, the sunshine, warm blankets, skittles, chocolate sundaes on a hot summer day, rainbows, Jesus, family, friends, driving and blasting the music with the windows down. Find your reason and just smile. :)

... One of my cousins told me about Kirsten and I wanted to share her letter with you all. Kirsten died about 6 months ago. Once again I say to everyone to truly appreciate life and enjoy it while you have it. Live, Love, Laugh and always Smile as Kirsten said.
...May God bless us all.....



No comments:

Post a Comment