Friday, January 22, 2010

Liver Issues... (Possible Biopsy)

... It's been a little over three years since I was diagnosed with a rare & dangerous type of Leukemia. My type of Leukemia at my age does not really have a cure. One just hopes to live as long as possible with it and has to deal with all its side effects.
... Last week I went for a lot of blood work because my liver enzymes were at dangerous levels. My ALT was 1058 & my AST was 632. (Those numbers should be below 50). That is telling my doctor that my liver is inflamed & damaged. That can happen when someone has drank alcohol, however, that is not my case.

... My doctors had said it can be several different problems. Here was what my doctor said it could be: 1) Hepatitis A,B or C. 2) Liver Cancer 3) An overload of Iron 4) Graph vs. Host Disease 5) A Liver infection or all the medication & pills that I have been taking for 3 years may have damaged the Liver.
... After doing my own research, I believe its Graph vs. Host Disease. ( that's when one's body fights the transplant and it attacks different parts of the body). In my case, my liver. I'm kind of hoping its Graph vs Host disease. That may be the best of the worst. In that case, the doctor will have to put me on a very high dose of steroids until the liver enzymes come back down.
... My doctor wants to do a liver biopsy. I told her I want continued blood work for another week or two and then we will do the biopsy if my counts remain very high. I think my doctor gets a little upset when I tell her what I truly want or believe. However, its my body and I will have the final say. ( How u doin !!! :-).
... Well.... I will keep everyone posted through facebook & my blog as to what is going on. Lorenzo's Life With Leukemia continues.... I will keep my love/faith/trust/hope in God and stay positive. I thank everyone for their thoughts, love & prayers.... Remember... God loves all of us.... The sick & the healthy... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment