Monday, January 11, 2010

Dedicated to my Grandma ( RIP Nonna)

... This blog is dedicated to my Grandma (Nonna). My Nonna died on Jan. 3rd, 2010. She was 94 years old. She was a beautiful person who loved her family. She was like a second mother to me growing up in Canarsie, Brooklyn. I loved her very much and will miss her dearly.

... Nonna was truly blessed to have lived such a long life. Most of us can only wish to live 94 years on this earth. Nonna was healthy and in good shape until her last year. She never wore glasses and her hearing was very good.

... Nonna loved spending the holiday's with family and playing cards. She was always a good card player and won many of the games we played while she was in her 90's. Nonna was a widow for about 38 years. She was a strong person and kept things together after she lost her husband(Nonnu).

... Nonna lived long enough to see seven great grandchildren. That is truly a blessing. She was very independent and took good care of herself until she became ill last year. Nonna used to tell me how she would balance her checkbook to the penny every month. ( I can't even do that).

... I'm glad I told Nonna many times that I love her before she died. Its important that we tell those we love that we love them. Many of us have the love in us, however, we do not say it as often as we should. I ask all of you to say I love you to those you love and do not wait until its too late to say it. I know many people are shy, however, I also know how good it feels to say "I Love You".

... So I say.... enjoy your lives and love your family while you still have them. Anyone of us can take our last breath without notice. Some of you may want to write a letter to a loved one to let them know you love them, that is also a beautiful thing to do.

... Goodbye Nonna. I will miss you, I always loved you, I will see you in heaven. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment