Friday, March 26, 2010

"Everyone needs a Vacation"... :-)

... It's vacation time for me. I'm leaving Sunday, March 28th for 9 days. I'm going to Florida to visit my parents for Easter and spend a few days in Disney. I'm going on vacation with my wife, stepson and one of his friends. I've always looked forward to going on vacation. Of course some vacation spots are more enjoyable than others... however... most people would agree that just taking time off from the same old routine is a vacation.

... I really appreciate vacations more than ever. When I was in the hospital for 5 months fighting for my life with Leukemia, I wondered if I'd ever travel again. When you've been on your death bed, you really appreciate life more than ever and more than most people do. I prayed that God would heal me and that I would be able to get on with my life again. I thank God that so far my life is going well most of the time since I was discharged from the hospital about 35 months ago.

... I've been to a lot of places/countries in my lifetime... however... my favorite place to vacation is Sicily. If all goes well, I will be going there this August. Sicily has so much beauty & history to see, and I also have a lot of family there who I love very much. The Mediterranean Sea is beautiful. I love the ocean & the beaches. I would retire there now if I didn't have any children.

... I hope that most of you out there take at least one vacation a year if you have the opportunity. Vacations are very important. It takes us away from our everyday routine. Vacations are suppose to help us relax our mind & bodies. I know that may be hard when we have little children with us... however... it will get easier as the kids get older. Kids love vacations too.

... So I hope that everyone will be able to take some sort of vacation this year if you haven't so far. Enjoy your getaway from the everyday hustle & bustle. ( Is bustle a word ?.. :-). Enjoy your vacation whether you take one alone, with a friend or family. Take pictures, because memories last a lifetime. Enjoy your life. Remember: Live, Love & Laugh...

... P.S. My 2nd favorite place to vacation is The Bahamas.
... P.S.S. My next blog will be in about 2 weeks. Ciao for now. I love you all... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment