Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fever for 19 days straight...


... As if i didn't have enough problems, now i began to run a fever in the hospital which would last 19 days straight. This happened during the month of February, 2007. Having a fever for just a few days is awful, however, having one for 19 days is draining and scary.

... I don't know about you, but when i get fever, I feel very weak, dizzy, i have a headache, i feel nauseous and i can hardly get out of bed. The Doctors would be taking anywhere from 6 to 12 tubes of blood from me each day. They needed to culture the blood constantly and try and find out why i had this fever that wouldn't break.

...Fevers were very dangerous for me because i had a close to zero immune system and would not be able to fight most infections. People with transplants can die from infections because of their weak immune system. Most of the people who died from the Swine Flu this past year also had very weak immune systems.

...My fever finally broke after 19 days and the Doctors never knew why i had that fever. However... after 3 days, i began to run a fever again which lasted about another 19 days straight. I was getting scared and felt so weak. I continued losing weight and would just pray that if it was my time to go, I didn't want to suffer with pain.

...At this point i had lost about 50 pounds since i was diagnosed. I was close to being anorexic. I was in pretty good shape before i got sick. I really couldn't afford to lose any weight. This nightmare which began in November, 2006 was still continuing in March, 2007.

...In my next post i will discuss what they did that finally broke my fever. Imagine having fever for 38 out of 41 days. Its crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment