Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Filter and Port were removed from me.

... The Doctors thought that the fever i have been running might be coming from the Port or Filter in my body. The Doctors ordered 2 surgeries for me with different dates.

... The surgeons had to slice open my neck and jugular vein again to remove the Port (which was used for my Stem Cell Transplant, blood work and anti-biotics). They also had to slice my chest open and take out the Port.

...The surgeons then got to see me another day to cut my neck & jugular vein open again to remove the filter which ran to my heart to keep the blood thin because of the blood clot that was still in my lung.

... The nights before those surgeries were very hard for me. I could hardly sleep. Just thinking that my throat & jugular vein would be sliced open made me feel so scared and sick. I did get drugged up before the procedures...however...i was awake and did feel pain and much discomfort.

...After both surgeries, my fever did break and i was able to get out of bed and walk around the hospital. The Doctors always wanted me to walk and get some exercise. I once met Mary Tyler Moore & Geraldine Ferraro at the hospital. They were both very nice.

... In my next post i will continue to discuss my stay at the Hospital before i was discharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment