Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chemo in my Brain & Spine...


...I was about to be discharged in April, 2007 from NY Presbyterian. Before i was discharged, they told me they had to give me Chemo in my Spine and Brain. The Doctors said that the cancer (Leukemia) could be hiding there and wanted me to get one more round of Chemo before I left the Hospital.

...I wasn't happy to hear that, however, I trusted my Doctors and had the Chemo injected into my spine. I was on a bed that was turned upside down and that would allow the Chemo (fluids) to flow to my brain. I felt weak and sick afterwards. At that point, I was use to feeling that way. I was in the hospital for about 5 months. Its was 5 months of torture.

...I was actually nervous about going home. I was so use to having so many doctors and nurses around me. Anytime I needed help, I would just push the button and the nurses showed up.

...I think some of the doctors and nurses were going to miss me as well. I would make them laugh whenever i felt okay. I use to also play the theme song to "Rocky" in the morning while they gave me a check up. That theme song always gave me a nice boost of energy.

...My bags were packed and I was going home to continue my recovery. I sure did miss my home and big television. It'll be nice to be near all my family and friends again. Although i couldn't taste much, i was looking forward to home cooked meals. That hospital food is not for me. My family will be coming to the hospital and taking me home soon. So long Leukemia floor. I hope i only have to go back there to visit and say hello to all the wonderful nurses, doctors and employees...
...See you all at my next post...




No comments:

Post a Comment