Friday, September 18, 2009

Anorexia...

... After being home about 2 months, I continued to lose weight. I was getting very close to becoming anorexic. At this point, I had lost about 60 pounds. The Doctors told me that i may have to get a feeding tube soon. Feeding tubes usually go through your stomach or neck. I chose the stomach if it became necessary.

...The doctors wanted me to try a medication called "Megace". Megace is a liquid medication that treats anorexia. It also treats unexplained or continued weight loss.

...I had my doubts about Megace. I didn't think there was a drink that could make me want to eat. However... it was my last chance before the feeding tube would go in.

...Well.... I gotta tell you... after a few days of "Megace", I was eating like a horse. (Do horses really eat a lot ?). Anyway.... I slowly began to gain some weight and i was very happy about that. I was eating so much "pasta" and other foods. I couldn't believe how well megace worked for me.

... I began enjoying food and desserts again. People who know me... know that i enjoy eating good foods and desserts. One of my favorite pasta dishes is: Pasta with fresh tomato sauce and eggplants. That's a Sicilian dish. I'm drooling thinking about it. My favorite dessert is Flan. My aunt Dee (Letizia) makes it the best. (hint-hint if your reading this Dee)...

... Anyway... I'm very thankful and blessed that i did not have to get a feeding tube. I suffered enough. I have to catch a break sometimes.

... So i say to everyone... Enjoy your food, be thankful we live in a country that always has food, and help feed those who are hungry.

Have a great day everyone.
Today is Rosh Hashanah.
Happy Rosh Hashanah to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment