Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vestibular Therapy...

... I continued to suffer with ringing in my left ear and dizzy spells when i came home from the hospital. I had to begin going for Vestibular Therapy every week at the Hospital.

... The therapist said that she believed that the crystals in my left ear were clumped together and causing ringing in my ear and dizzy spells. I never heard of crystals in the ear. I asked her if she's sure it wasn't wax. She said that was not the problem.

... The therapy consisted of her taking turns and banging each side of my head on a table with a thick mat on it. I thought she was nuts. I was getting headaches and nausea. The therapist said she was trying to break up the clump of crystals. I told her to just keep punching me in the head... maybe that will work.. :-0

...I did this for about 4 weeks with no results, except for many headaches and vomiting. I told them i was quiting therapy and would rather hope the ringing and dizzy spells get better on their own.

...Its been two and a half years later and it has gotten better. Its not gone. Just better. I still get ringing and dizzy spells...however... not as bad as i use to get them.

...As i have said before, this Leukemia with a Transplant has so many side effects. Most of us have to live with them until we die...

...In my next post i will talk about the doctor wanting to put a feeding tube in my stomach. I was becoming anorexic...

No comments:

Post a Comment