Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Infection & bump in my Chest...


... While i was home trying to recover, a bump began to pop out of my chest. After about 2 weeks, it was the size of a ping pong ball. I went to the hospital and my doctor sent me to get an x-ray and see a surgeon.
(This occurred around June 2007).

... It turned out that I had an infection in my chest that must have happened when they had cut my chest open to remove the port. Anyone can get an infection when they cut you open for any type of surgery.

... The surgeon asked me if could spend a few hours at the hospital. He wanted to do the surgery right there by his office. I told him i was ready for the surgery. I have to say, I was always ready, (scared), but ready.

...The doctors/surgeons had to give me several needles around the bump to numb the area. About 30 minutes later, he took the knife and cut open the infection. There was blood and puss coming out. The doctor had to drain it all out.

... I was sent home an hour later to rest and go on anti-biotics. It was just another day at the office for me. :-) After already having my throat and jugular vein sliced open 3 times, slicing my chest was a walk in the park.

... I did recover and the infection went away. I still have the scar on my chest. Good old memories. As long as I'm here... I'm happy... ;-)
...See you at my next post...


No comments:

Post a Comment